High Pressure Die Casting Specialists
MID OR High Volume
High pressure die casting provides the shortest route from molten metal to completed component, by injecting molten metal into a hardened steel mould and allowing it to solidify under pressure before ejection.
The process allows fast, precise, cost effective production of aluminium die castings, meeting the needs of hi-tech industries where product appearance and dimensional tolerances are critical. MRT have high pressure die casting machines with locking forces of between 220 and 530 tonnes. All feature computerised real-time shot control, automatic ladling, die-spray, automatic casting extraction and cooling.
Small Quantities? - No Problem! Many pressure die casting foundries only offer their services for high volume orders, claiming that lengthy set-ups make the process prohibitive to small quantities of aluminium die castings. MRT have optimised their tooling preparation and set-up operations to make the process more accessible to customers who require only small quantities, but whose applications would benefit from the excellent dimensional and cosmetic properties of pressure die casting. So, MRT can provide the complete service, whether you require a batch of 10 or 10,000.
- 6 Pressure Die Casting Cells - Locking Forces from 220 to 530 tonnes. All cells feature state-of-the-art real-time computerised shot control, robot ladling and die-spray, and automated casting extraction.
- 5 Hydraulic Trimming Presses - Sizes from 5 to 25 tons.
- In-House Toolroom - Ensuring your tooling is regularly maintained, and problems can be remedied quickly to minimise disruption to production.
- Pressure Die Castings - up to 5 kilos in all suitable Aluminium alloys
- Principal Aluminium Alloys: LM2, LM6, LM24, LM25, Castasil 37
The player supports TAB to change the controls. Update Required<br/>To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your <a href='http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/' target='_blank'>Flash plugin</a>.
The die is sprayed with a cooling lubricant to regulate temperature and ease casting release.
High quality molten alloy is transferred from the furnace to the shot sleeve by automatic ladle.
Advanced real-time shot control software monitors and adjusts every aspect of the injection, cooling and ejection phases.
The casting is ejected from the tool and inspected. The tool and machine are then ready to repeat the cycle.
Real-time shot control systems, and comprehensive set-up records and quality data ensure consistent production and reduce pressure die casting set-up time.
Quality is achieved by pride in workmanship, backed up by an excellent quality system to ISO9001. For critical components, MRT can provide X-ray, dye penetrant and pressure testing.
Routine tool maintenance, breakdowns and modifications can all be undertaken in-house to reduce tool down time.
TOOL & CASTING DESIGN
We can help you optimise designs, eliminating elements which add unnecessary costs. Where required, we can also provide filling and solidification simulations using Magmasoft.
Take a look at how we work
Find out more information about MRT Castings and get a taste of our facilities.
Check out our virtual tour and find out how we can work with you on your next project.
HOW can MRT Castings help you?
- Select what you need
- a complete solution
- to develop a new component from initial concept
- advice on what processes are best suited to my component
- prototypes before committing to production tooling
- to re-shore production to the UK from overseas
- a new supplier to use existing tooling
- to convert a machined from solid part to a casting
- a supplier who can meet stringent quality requirements
New at MRT Blogs
Visit us at stand C240 on the 6th, 7th & 8th of February 2024.Read More
17th Jul 2023
MRT Castings is proud to announce that it has achieved certification to the ‘Cyber Essentials Plus’ standard.Read More