The Choice of Process
In order to select the most appropriate alloy in which to cast a component, designers should first select the most appropriate casting method. This decision is usually based on the anticipated production volumes of the component. It can also be influenced by considerations of the required dimensional accuracy and surface finish.
Need Some Extra Guidance?
If you need more information before you choose your process, view our useful guide From Idea To Product, which covers the entire process of manufacturing your idea.
HOW can MRT Castings help you?
- Select what you need
- a complete solution
- to develop a new component from initial concept
- advice on what processes are best suited to my component
- prototypes before committing to production tooling
- to re-shore production to the UK from overseas
- a new supplier to use existing tooling
- to convert a machined from solid part to a casting
- a supplier who can meet stringent quality requirements
New at MRT Blogs
Make UK crowned MRT the winner of the prestigious accolade.Read More
23rd Oct 2020
MRT Castings have been honoured at a major regional manufacturing awards ceremony.Read More