The Choice of Process
In order to select the most appropriate alloy in which to cast a component, designers should first select the most appropriate casting method. This decision is usually based on the anticipated production volumes of the component. It can also be influenced by considerations of the required dimensional accuracy and surface finish.
Need Some Extra Guidance?
If you need more information before you choose your process, view our useful guide From Idea To Product, which covers the entire process of manufacturing your idea.
HOW can MRT Castings help you?
- Select what you need
- a complete solution
- to develop a new component from initial concept
- advice on what processes are best suited to my component
- prototypes before committing to production tooling
- to re-shore production to the UK from overseas
- a new supplier to use existing tooling
- to convert a machined from solid part to a casting
- a supplier who can meet stringent quality requirements
New at MRT Blogs
17th Jul 2023
MRT Castings is proud to announce that it has achieved certification to the ‘Cyber Essentials Plus’ standard.Read More
Visit us at stand C240 on the 7th, 8th & 9th of February 2023.Read More