I want to convert a machined from solid part to a casting
Machining an intricate shape from solid billet means a lot of material wastage, as well as a lot of cutting time.
For one-offs and very small batches, CNC machining makes sense; but when you start to get into volume production, casting can quickly deliver significant savings – both in cost and lead time.
Casting is a near-net-shape manufacturing process, meaning minimal wasted material – as well as minimal secondary operation machining.
For casting, you do need tooling; so, there will be a significant one-off cost at the start of the project. However, once the tooling is completed, the saving on every casting cycle will pay off that investment.
Before long, you’ll be seeing bottom line results.
If you have a current machined-from-solid component and would like an assessment of the possible cost benefits of switching to a casting, give us a call today.
I WANT TO DISCUSS ... CONVERTING A MACHINED FROM SOLID PART TO A CASTING
Please fill in your details below and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your requirements
HOW can MRT Castings help you?
- Select what you need
- a complete solution
- to develop a new component from initial concept
- advice on what processes are best suited to my component
- prototypes before committing to production tooling
- to re-shore production to the UK from overseas
- a new supplier to use existing tooling
- to convert a machined from solid part to a casting
- a supplier who can meet stringent quality requirements
New at MRT Blogs
Make UK crowned MRT the winner of the prestigious accolade.Read More
23rd Oct 2020
MRT Castings have been honoured at a major regional manufacturing awards ceremony.Read More