Potential and existing customers often ask, "Which material should be used for this component?", "Can we anodise this alloy?", "What tolerance can reasonably be achieved on these dimensions?". We have attempted to collate the answers to these and many other questions.
The contents of this site are for guidance. If, for example, a particular dimension requires to be held within a closer tolerance than recommended here, it can often be achieved. When the initial questions have been answered and further information is required, we will be pleased to pass on the benefit of our experience to enable best advantage to be made of the processes we offer.
Please feel free at any point to contact our technical sales team for further advice. We also offer a free booklet, "Notes for Designers of Non-Ferrous Castings", which covers all of the topics discussed in this site in further depth.
HOW can MRT Castings help you?
- a complete solution
- to develop a new component from initial concept
- advice on what processes are best suited to my component
- prototypes before committing to production tooling
- to re-shore production to the UK from overseas
- a new supplier to use existing tooling
- to convert a machined from solid part to a casting
- a supplier who can meet stringent quality requirements
New at MRT
MRT's sites on the Walworth Business Park in Andover are now re-opened, following the evacuation yesterday afternoon of the area whilst the amazing Hampshire Fire & Rescue Service dealt with a major incident nearby. Normal operations at MRT are resuming now, and our site is unaffected.Read More
22nd Jan 2019
Purchasing a Zoller Smile420 Tool Pre-Setter has seen an overwhelming improvement in productivity and wasted downtime.Read More