Copper Alloy PB2 (PHOSPHOR BRONZE)
This alloy conforms to BS 1400 PB2
|Tensile Strength (N/mm2)||220-310|
|Modulus of Elasticity (lbf/m2 x 106)||12|
Strength at elevated temperatures
Service at elevated temperatures is limited by resistance to gradual deformation over prolonged periods of time and to oxidation. It is not suitable for sustaining loads at temperatures exceeding 300°C. The mechanical properties shown above cannot be used as an indication of performance at elevated temperatures.
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (per °C @ 0-250°C)||0.000018.3|
|Thermal conductivity (W/M°C)||45|
|Electrical conductivity (% copper standard @ 20°C)||9|
|Freezing range (°C) approx.||1000-831|
Machinability is good, being a medium hardness alloy. This material gives short turnings.
This alloy finds wide application where good corrosion resistance is required.
Application and General notes
General uses include unlined bearings for heavy compressive loads and shock, piston rings, axle boxes, gear wheels, centrifugal castings, and castings which require good wear resistance.
HOW can MRT Castings help you?
- Select what you need
- a complete solution
- to develop a new component from initial concept
- advice on what processes are best suited to my component
- prototypes before committing to production tooling
- to re-shore production to the UK from overseas
- a new supplier to use existing tooling
- to convert a machined from solid part to a casting
- a supplier who can meet stringent quality requirements
New at MRT Blogs
Make UK crowned MRT the winner of the prestigious accolade.Read More
23rd Oct 2020
MRT Castings have been honoured at a major regional manufacturing awards ceremony.Read More