MRT's extensive, modern, in-house CNC Machining facilities are at the very core of our operations.
In a market where customers require the shortest possible lead times, the benefits of finding a single source who can cast, machine and finish components will slash your lead times and greatly reduce the logistic and management costs of dealing with several subcontractors.
MRT operate the fastest and most versatile machine tools available. Our ongoing investment ensures that the latest technology is employed to minimise production costs and enhance product quality. We have nearly 30 CNC machining centres, and CNC turning facilities, with capacity to accept the largest castings we can produce.
We can minimise production cycles in various ways:
Rapid tool changing
Twin pallet loading
High-speed rotary tables
Although we specialise in CNC machining of die castings produced in our own foundry, we also machine and finish components cast by processes outside our in-house capacity, as well as CNC machining from extrusion and solid.
Jigs and fixtures are made in our own toolroom, where our experience enables us to optimise the relationship of cast and machined dimensions. It also allows us to minimise the delay between production of first off raw castings and production of machined components.
- 6 BROTHER TC-32BN-QT CNC Twin Pallet Machining Centres - 40 Tools, Twin Rotary Tables, On-Line Probing, 16,000rpm Spindle, X:550, Y:400, Z:415
- 4 BROTHER R650X2 CNC Twin Pallet Machining Centre - 40 Tools, Twin Rotary Tables, On-Line Probing, 16,000rpm Spindle, X:650, Y:400, Z:435
- 1 BROTHER M140X2 CNC Mill-Turn 5-Axis Machining Centre - 22 Tools, On-Line Probing, 16,000rpm Spindle, X:200, Y:440, Z305, A +120 -30 deg, C: 360 deg.
- 4 BROTHER S1000 X1 SPEEDIO CNC Machining Centres - 21 Tools, Rotary Table, On-Line Probing, 16,000rpm Spindle, X:1000, Y:500, Z:300
- 2 BROTHER TC22B-0 CNC Machining Centres - 18 Tools, Rotary Table, On-Line Probing, 16,000rpm Spindle, X:700, Y:450, Z:410
- 2 BROTHER S2DN-0 SPEEDIO CNC Machining Centres - 21 Tools, Rotary Table, On-Line Probing, 16,000rpm Spindle, X:700, Y:400, Z:300
- 2 BROTHER TC32-A CNC Twin Pallet Machining Centres - 26 Tools, Twin Rotary Tables, On-Line Probing, X:450, Y:320, Z:410
- 2 BROTHER TC22-A CNC Machining Centres - 18 Tools, Rotary Table, On-Line Probing, X:500, Y:400, Z:410
- 1 BIGLIA B620YS CNC Turning Centre - Y-axis, C-axis, driven tools and sub-spindle, Hydrafeed automatic bar feeder and parts conveyor
- 1 HYUNDAI WIA L250SY CNC Turning Centre - Y-axis, C-axis, driven tools and sub-spindle
- 1 HYUNDAI-KIA SKT21LMS CNC Turning Centre - C-axis, driven tools and sub-spindle
- 1 WELE AQ1265 CNC Machining Centre - 40 Tools, Rotary Table, X:1200, Y:650, Z:610
- 1 ZOLLER Smile Tool Pre-Setter and 1 HAIMER PowerClamp Shrink Fit Tool Setter
- SOLIDCAM Offline Programming
- FACTORYWIZ Machine Monitoring and DNC Connectivity
The player supports TAB to change the controls. Update Required<br/>To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your <a href='http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/' target='_blank'>Flash plugin</a>.
The CNC Machining Process
MRT design and manufacture high quality jigs and fixtures for workholding.
Programming is undertaken by our skilled production engineers, both at the machine controls and using offline CAM software.
Industry leading CNC machining technology, including rotary tables and pallet loading minimise machining cycle times.
Dimensional accuracy is verified utilising 2 CNC co-ordinate measuring machines.
THE FASTEST MACHINE TOOLS IN THE MARKET
MRT's 26 Brother High Speed CNC Machinining Centres are the fastest tools in the industry. With spindle speeds of up to 16,000rpm and tool changes of less than a second, MRT's machining facilities offer maximum efficiency and competitiveness.
COMPLETE QUALITY ASSURANCE
Quality is carefully controlled at every stage. All critical dimensions are routinely gauged by our skilled production machinists, and checked by our 2 CNC Co-ordinate Measuring Machines.
IN HOUSE TOOLROOM
By producing our own jigs and fixtures MRT can minimse the lead time for introduction of new parts. We can also optimise workholding to guarantee excellent dimensional accuracy.
IN HOUSE CAD, CAM AND DESIGN EXPERTISE
MRT operate 3 seats of Solidworks, and a seat of SolidCAM, enabling us to work closely with customers' own design teams.
Take a look at how we work
Find out more information about MRT Castings and get a taste of our facilities.
Check out our virtual tour and find out how we can work with you on your next project.
HOW can MRT Castings help you?
- Select what you need
- a complete solution
- to develop a new component from initial concept
- advice on what processes are best suited to my component
- prototypes before committing to production tooling
- to re-shore production to the UK from overseas
- a new supplier to use existing tooling
- to convert a machined from solid part to a casting
- a supplier who can meet stringent quality requirements
New at MRT Blogs
Visit us at stand C240 on the 6th, 7th & 8th of February 2024.Read More
17th Jul 2023
MRT Castings is proud to announce that it has achieved certification to the ‘Cyber Essentials Plus’ standard.Read More